Do I have an addiction?
- You think you should drink less.
- You feel guilty because you drink.
- You drink alcohol in the morning to calm down or cure the hangover.
- Other people criticize your alcohol consumption.
Does my friend have an addiction?
- Your friend drinks more than 14 units of alcohol a week (one unit is equal to a 25 ml spirit shot).
- Sometimes my friend can’t remember what happened last night when he drank alcohol or after that.
- My friend can’t work or misses meetings because he is intoxicated or has a hangover.
You can take the AUDIT test by the World Health Organization and assess your level of addiction (or share it with your friend).